|Contractor||London, Paris, Valencia or Munich||here|
Photobox’s web software was built in 2007 and consists of over half a million lines of Perl. The code is extremely complex but also well-documented, and has proved itself over the past ten years of business. However, it was not designed with current security standards in mind, and there is a large amount of work outstanding to bring it up-to-date.
We are looking for a Perl developer to take on these tasks:
- Learn about the Photobox web software - both front-end and API systems and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Rectify the most urgent security issues as directed by the security team
- Rectify performance and other issues that could lead to DOS attacks.
- Working with the security team, help to design and implement a security strategy for the web software in the medium to long term.
- Subject to availability, work on other tasks related to the web software as directed by the web team.
- Create documentation to support projects undertaken.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Expert knowledge of Perl 5 from current releases back to legacy editions.
- Expert knowledge of Apache/Perl/MySQL stacks and their implementation
- Expert knowledge of Amazon AWS
- Good working knowledge of Linux, Puppet, Git/Github
- The ability to take on a steep learning curve and quickly get up to speed with a new system.
- The ability to work on complex projects with limited outside direction.
Why else would I be interested?
Quite simply, you don’t like standing still. You are passionate about working on different & ambitious projects from Day 1 - otherwise you’ll be bored! You thrive on working with people from different nationalities, different cultures and languages. You want to work within a successful and recognised company, but you also want the freedom to bring forward your own solutions and to make your own impact. You want to work somewhere where people really do know each other by first name and where they genuinely want to help and challenge each other to learn, be better and more innovative every day. Most importantly, you want to work in a business where spreading joy is the mission and where we all have fun making it happen.
Photobox Group Security mission and principles
Our mission is to secure the magic moments created by our customers, across all our brands. Our operating principles define what we focus on and how we make decisions. We hold ourselves accountable against these principles.
- We are enablers for the organisation, not blockers
- We drive transparency and accountability in risk management
- We minimise vulnerabilities
- We hack ourselves first
- We educate and empower our internal stakeholders and developers
- We contribute to adding financial value
Why join Photobox Group Security?
PhotoBox Group Security is a trusted, high-energy, empowered, and proactive team. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, learn a lot, be part of a highly productive team, and are able to work collaboratively with all parts of the business, this is the place for you.
We have a great culture, with a very horizonal structure. We expect you to be knowledgeable, trustworthy, empowered, friendly, focused, and responsible.
How to apply
Submit your application by clicking the link at the top of this page.
In order to provide a fair and objective recruitment process, before we invite you for face-to-face interviews, we ask you to submit your answers to theoretical and practical challenges. This helps us to identify your suitability and experience level.
Each challenge should take no longer than 10 - 15 minutes to complete, however, in order to highlight your key skills, you may take longer than the suggested time if you wish.