|Upwork||Remote (up to 20h week)||here|
To provide the CISO and his security team with wide-ranging technical writing support to ensure the clear communication of complex technical information within the team and the Photobox Group.
- Research, collate, and disseminate technical information as required
- Support the operations team with the documentation of incident responses and playbooks
- Prepare instructions, blog posts, briefing documents
- Liaise with SMEs to ensure clear, accurate, and complete documentation
- Draft, copy-edit, review, and revise documentation
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Willing to learn new skills, particularly new technical skills, as required
- Able to multi-task
- Proactive and reactive
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with the team and wider business
- Personable and able to build relationships
- Writing Skils
- Git and GitHub workflows
- IT User
How to apply
In order to provide a fair and objective recruitment process, before we review your application in upwork, we ask you to perform a number of practical challenges.
This helps us to identify your suitability and experience level.
Each challenge should take no longer than 10 - 15 minutes to complete, however, in order to highlight your key skills, you may take longer than the suggested time if you wish.
Once you have completed your challenges, please submit your application using upwork (see link at the top of this page)
Chose one of the these transcribed texts (from audio file) :
As you can see, the key content is there, but the text is in a very casual and informal tone.
Your task is to convert this text into an professionally written blog post, which is good enough to be posted (for example) at https://pbx-group-security.com/blog/
Fell free to ask questions (as an GitHub Issue) and to take creative/technical liberty with the text (to make it better)
This is an example of the kind of tasks that we would like you to help us with.
GitHub is a key part of our workflow with most of the team using its web interface to manage the content for https://pbx-group-security.com
Your task is to submit the blog post written in the previous task into this GitHub repo
- fork the https://github.com/project-cx/pbx-group-security repo
- add your file to a folder inside https://github.com/project-cx/pbx-group-security/tree/master/content/blog
- create a pull request with that file
If you haven’t used GitHub before this might help:
Why else should you be interested?
Quite simply, you don’t like standing still. You are passionate about working on different and ambitious projects from Day 1 - otherwise you’d be bored! You thrive on working with people from different nationalities, different cultures and languages. You want to work within a successful and recognised company, but you also want the freedom to bring forward your own solutions and to make your own impact. You want to work somewhere where people really do know each other by name and where they genuinely want to help and challenge each other to learn, be better and more innovative every day. Most importantly, you want to work in a business where spreading joy is the mission and where we all have fun making it happen.
Photobox Group Security mission and principles
Our mission is to secure the magic moments created by our customers, across all our brands. Our operating principles define what we focus on and how we make decisions. We hold ourselves accountable against these principles.
- We are enablers for the organisation, not blockers
- We drive transparency and accountability in risk management
- We minimise vulnerabilities
- We hack ourselves first
- We educate and empower our internal stakeholders and developers
- We contribute to adding financial value
Why join Photobox Group Security?
PhotoBox Group Security is a trusted, high-energy, empowered, and proactive team. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, learn a lot, be part of a highly productive team, and are able to work collaboratively with all parts of the business, this is the place for you.
We have a great culture, with a very horizonal structure. We expect you to be knowledgeable, trustworthy, empowered, friendly, focused, and responsible.