This placement offers you real-world experience in a Cyber Security function, and the skills you will develop in this role will be transferable to many similar teams. As you’ll be working across multiple functions within the department, you’ll gain valuable insights into how each team manages their day-to-day tasks.
The Jira intern reports to the Head of Group Security Operations. As an operational resource, you will work across various functions within the department, as defined in two-weekly sprint plans. The bulk of your time will be spent supporting existing processes, while building the infrastructure for the next iteration.
- Support Jira and Confluence documentation during security incidents
- Improve current project formats through the use of Jira and Confluence
- Manage the creation and maintenance of Kanban boards
- Produce project plans, establish and schedule resources
- Help create and embed operational processes, and service level agreements
- Schedule resources pre-sprint
- Create user documentation, training materials and reports
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions, and project planning
- Determine ways to optimise and improve JIRA setup and process workflows
- Hardworking and adaptable
- Aware of the Agile methodology
- Interested in Business Analysis, Cyber Security or Project Management as a career path
- Calm under pressure
- Focused on delivery
- Energetic, proactive, analytical
- Problem solver
- Good communicator
- Will ask for support when necessary
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Adaptable and self-motivated
- Manage own workload, using JIRA to track tasks/progress
- Critical analysis and reporting
- IT User
- G Suite
How to apply
In order to provide a fair and objective recruitment process, before we review your application in upwork, we ask you to perform a number of practical challenges.
This helps us to identify your suitability and experience level.
Each challenge should take no longer than 10 - 15 minutes to complete, however, in order to highlight your key skills, you may take longer than the suggested time if you wish.
Once you have completed your challenges, please submit your application using upwork (see link at the top of this page)
Why else should you be interested?
Quite simply, you don’t like standing still. You are passionate about working on different and ambitious projects from Day 1 - otherwise you’d be bored! You thrive on working with people from different nationalities, different cultures and languages. You want to work within a successful and recognised company, but you also want the freedom to bring forward your own solutions and to make your own impact. You want to work somewhere where people really do know each other by name and where they genuinely want to help and challenge each other to learn, be better and more innovative every day. Most importantly, you want to work in a business where spreading joy is the mission and where we all have fun making it happen.
Photobox Group Security mission and principles
Our mission is to secure the magic moments created by our customers, across all our brands. Our operating principles define what we focus on and how we make decisions. We hold ourselves accountable against these principles.
- We are enablers for the organisation, not blockers
- We drive transparency and accountability in risk management
- We minimise vulnerabilities
- We hack ourselves first
- We educate and empower our internal stakeholders and developers
- We contribute to adding financial value
Why join Photobox Group Security?
PhotoBox Group Security is a trusted, high-energy, empowered, and proactive team. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, learn a lot, be part of a highly productive team, and are able to work collaboratively with all parts of the business, this is the place for you.
We have a great culture, with a very horizonal structure. We expect you to be knowledgeable, trustworthy, empowered, friendly, focused, and responsible.